Friday, April 4, 2014

Oxford Comma

 There is nothing quite as versatile as the white Oxford shirt. Up until recently I did not own this closet staple, but over spring break I finally picked one up from the Gap and ever since I bought it I have been thinking of all the ways I can wear it! In this post I went with a simple and casual look to show that an Oxford shirt doesn't always have to be worn in a professional setting. These distressed jeans are one of my favorites because they are unbelievably comfortable and the distressing adds an edgy element to the outfit. I also threw on some simple gold bangles and a mixed metal watch.

Wearing silver and gold together is considered somewhat of a fashion faux pas, but by wearing one piece that combines both metals, it's easy to layer with more all-gold or all-silver pieces. 

The options that come with a white oxford are endless. Whether you wear it as a bathing suit cover-up or with a pair of tailored trousers it looks effortlessly stylish. In short, this is not the last time you will be seeing this timeless shirt on my blog!

Arrow bangle: Local boutique, Horoscope bangle: Alex & Ani, Watch: Betsey Johnson

Jeans: American Eagle, Shoes: Steve Madden

Oxford: Gap

Belt: Borrowed from my mom

No comments:

Post a Comment