Monday, March 31, 2014

March Favorites

In all honesty I feel like March has been the longest month of my life. School has kept me extremely busy which for me, unfortunately means I have had little time to make frequent posts. I also just got back from spring break and although I didn't go to a nice, sandy beach somewhere, I had so much fun visiting my friends at their schools! Fortunately, my favorite month starts tomorrow and I am so excited to share some new posts.

Without further ado here are my monthly favorites;

I feel like I'm constantly listening to music, whether I'm walking to class or making a blog post I always have my headphones in my ears (I sort of feel incomplete without them!) This month I listened to a few new (to me) albums and songs that I fell in love with and wanted to share! I had always known of Chance the Rapper but this month I decided to download his mix tape, Acid Rap, and it was just about all I listened to at the beginning of the month. Some of my favorite tracks are Favorite Song and Chain Smoker. I also have enjoyed listening to quite a few throwbacks this month specifically off the spring break playlist I made last year.
Here are some more songs I've been loving:

  • I Will Fall (Nashville cast)
  • Young Girls (Bruno Mars)
  • Knee Socks (Arctic Monkeys)
  • One For the Road (Arctic Monkeys)
  • Holding On to You (Twenty One Pilots)
  • Mrs. Robinson (Simon and Garfunkel)
  • Dissolve Me (Alt-J)
  • Bloodflood (Alt-J)
  • Fall In Love (Phantogram)
  • Jesus Christ (Brand New)
  • Just a Girl (No Doubt)
  • Miami (Will Smith)
  • Lions in Cages (Wolf Gang)
  • Kiss Me (Sixpence None the Richer)
Two Makeup products I have been loving this month are Maybelline's Line Stiletto and Benefit's Sun Beam. Line Stiletto has been my favorite liquid liner for quite some time now and it helps me create the perfect winged line. It's also available at most drug stores so it's super affordable. Sun Beam highlighter from benefit has helped me add a little extra glow to my makeup routine, giving the effect of a nice beach-y tan without actually having gone to the beach.

I have been obsessed, to say the least, with two television shows this month. The first of these is Lost. I am a little late to hop on the Lost bandwagon but better late than never I guess! I have been binge watching Lost on Netflix like it's my job (I may or may not have watched the first half of the second season in one day). I never pegged myself to like this type of sci-fi show but it has a little something for everyone from romance to mystery. I would suggest this show to anyone but be warned that it will most likely take over your life. The second show I have been loving this month is Nashville. This is another show I never would have predicted myself liking. I am not the biggest fan of country music, which for those of you who don't know is what the show revolves around. But I quickly became addicted, not only is the acting amazing but the music is excellent as well. 

My food favorite this month has been Brookside's Dark Chocolate Pomegranate. These are just like candy, but are quite a bit more natural and healthy. I recently discovered you can buy snack sized bags at Costco at only 100 calories a pack. If you are a fan of dark chocolate I would definitely recommend checking these out. 

Lastly, this month I have been wearing the heck out of my low top Converse. I have a few pairs of these but I often find myself reaching for my light gray ones or my off-white pair. They go with just about every casual outfit, are extremely comfortable, and look better with age!

No comments:

Post a Comment