Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Springing Forward



What better way to get into the spring spirit than florals?

Florals, for spring?.... 

Groundbreaking I know. But to me, florals are a necessity for any spring wardrobe! Admittedly, it is a little too premature to break out my entire spring wardrobe but I wanted to incorporate a small element of it into today's outfit. This skirt is perfect because the tiny daisy pattern falls on a black background, making it a little more appropriate for the temperature.

When thinking about my personal style, girly is not the first adjective that comes to mind, but florals may as well be the definition of girly, so in order to make florals work with my own style I like to add some edgier pieces like this utility jacket with leather details and my favorite black ankle booties. 

I also paired this skirt with a black, cropped sweater. I like to consider cropped sweaters a wonderful contradiction. All the warmth of a sweater (kind of) but without the bulkiness. Cropped sweaters and skirts are a match made in heaven for the colder months because rather than tuck a thick sweater into a skirt, the sweater lays perfectly along the top edge. I picked mine up at Urban Outfitters (I believe it's on sale now) but a cheaper option would be to DIY a sweater you already own by cutting off a portion of the bottom half. They are also perfect for chilly summer nights, just pair it with some high waisted shorts and some bug spray and you're good to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment