Friday, February 28, 2014

Endings & Beginnings


As February comes to a close, I can just barely feel spring in the air. Although I am beyond ready to put my parka back into storage I may have to hang on to it for a few more weeks because in the grand tradition of living in the Midwest, it will most likely remain bitterly cold until at least the end of March. 

Today's outfit is a step towards spring in that I decided to wear tights rather than a snowsuit on my way to class. Instead of wearing a belt with this otherwise plain dress, I decided to dress it down a bit by tying a flannel shirt around my waist. I honestly believe a nice (well-worn) flannel is a wardrobe essential. They are one of the most versatile pieces I own (I may or may not have 7 in my closet).  You can wear a flannel with just about everything or hardly anything at all. Whether you button it all the way up and wear it with jeans and some converse or wear it as a key layering piece, it always looks effortlessly chic.







No comments:

Post a Comment