Sunday, April 13, 2014

Metamorphosis

Spring is finally in full swing here in the midwest and I couldn't be more excited for thin layers and bare legs. As the weather changes, so does my style. In the winter I am drawn to darker clothes (all black everything) and textures like suede and leather, but as the weather gets warmer, I can't help but reach for items with a pop of color or printed pieces. I also ditch the leather and suede for crochet and linen.

Another inspiration for my spring/summer style is music festivals! This past weekend was week one of Coachella, and the only thing that makes up for the fact that I was not there, is all the festival style inspiration on Instagram and Tumblr (as well as the live footage on YouTube). 

Here's a list of some Instagram users that I follow who have been donning some awesome festival looks:
@kyliejenner
@kendalljenner
@urbanoutfitters
@itsashbenzo
@shannonbarkerr
@caitbarkerr

In today's post I am wearing one of my favorite trends this season; kimonos! The one I am wearing today is covered in an incredibly realistic butterfly pattern (hence the title of this post)! I love kimonos because they not only look effortless with everything from denim shorts to rompers, but they also add an unexpected pop of color to a neutral outfit. Because the kimono is the focal point of my outfit, I decided to keep the rest of the outfit pretty simple with a white tank top and lace-trimmed shorts.



Kimono: Topshop, Shorts: Windsor, Booties: Steve Madden, Tank Top: Zara

No comments:

Post a Comment