Friday, April 25, 2014

Salut Printemps!

Translation: Hello Spring!

Since today's outfit was inspired by le francais, I thought that the title of this post deserved some french influence! When I think of the fashion capital the world only one word come to mind, Paris! French style is characterized as being chic, effortless, and most of all, timeless. The French focus on flattering the human form rather than dressing for the trends, thus they create the trends!

One of the most iconic aspects of french fashion is Breton stripes. Breton stripes are when black/navy stripes contrast against a white, knitted fabric. The style is inspired by french sailors, and was first introduced into women's fashion by Coco Chanel. The Breton stripes began the breakaway from restricted fashion of the times into casual fashion.

Alright, alright enough of the history lesson, here is more about the outfit; The Breton stripe t-shirt dress I am wearing is a new addition to my wardrobe and I am obsessed to say the least (I have started dreaming about all the ways I can wear it!) Color is something I rarely incorporate into my wardrobe but I was feeling rather spring-y today so I decided to tie this bright fuchsia cardigan around my waist, giving a little bit of shape to this rather shapeless dress! Finally, I had to add some American style to my outfit so I threw on my go-to Chuck Taylors!




Dress: Urban Outfitters, Cardigan: J.Crew, Shoes: Converse

No comments:

Post a Comment